Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Final Project: Target Market Strategy


In the book target market is described as; “A set of buyers sharing common needs or characteristics that the company decides to serve." Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th ED. Prentice Hall Publishing. Glossary. My target market is families, food junkies, hungry construction workers, and tourists from downtown. “After a company has decided which market segments to enter, it must decide how it will differentiate its market offering for each targeted segment and what positions it wants to occupy in those segments. A product’s position is the place the product occupies relative to competitors’ products in consumers’ minds. Marketers want to develop unique market positions for their products. If a product is perceived to be exactly like others on the market, consumers would have no reason to buy it.” Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th ED. Prentice Hall Publishing. Pg. 52. I want families to enjoy the atmosphere. I want those picky kids to leave happy. But I also want people who love food to come and enjoy my hot dogs. I want those people who want to try something new to come. With the amount of construction going on right now, I want those workers to have a hot meal. But I would also love to get the tourists in this town. With the amount of tourists here, I feel it would be a great idea. Tourists generally come to a new place to experience the culture. Food trucks are part of our culture. In America, we eat fatty foods. I can give people fatty foods that are not over processed. I can give the tourists a new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment